Thursday, December 18, 2014

Fitness First Cebu Zumba Marathon

Fitness First Cebu has been my gym for 6 years.  Unfortunately, the gym will close on January 31, 2015. I am quite disappointed that it is closing but i realized that I just had to make the most out of the last few days of the gym.

One of my favourite workouts there are the gym is Zumba.  Even if I am just the only guy in class, I persist to enjoy at least 2 hours of dance workout every week. Recently, the Zumba instructors of the gym decided to organise a Zumba event at the Ayala Terraces. It was supposed to be held last December 6 but due to Typhoon Ruby, it was postponed to December 8.

Many members attended the Zumba Blast.  The Fitness First Instructors who were handling the event were Emilie Lao, Marvz Allison, Zalde Berdon, Cire Isidro, and Cai Durano.  The crowd was entertained with a 3 hour energetic Zumba class.  There were also guest instructors from other gyms who performed challenging and enjoyable Zumba routines.


Fitness First Cebu Zumba Blast
Zumba in Cebu
Zumba Blast , Fitness First Cebu
Me and Rupert, Siam Reap's soon to be Zumba master








Zumba at Ayala Center Cebu
The lovely Fitness First Cebu Morning Group
All in all, the event was very successful.  From my standpoint, it was a great workout.  I never danced that long for quite a while.  I ended up with a sweat-soaked shirt and my legs were cramping a bit.  I was only planning to dance to 3 songs but I ended up finishing the  whole 3-hour event. My gym buddy Ruper Ouano even brought a friend to take videos of the event. Here is one of the videos that Stephen Jayme made for the Zumba Blast:


posted from Bloggeroid

7 comments:

Raine Pal said...

Honestly, I joined ZUMBA last year, but I stop. For me, I better do the ZUMBA thingy inside our house, not in a mall, not in the park.

I am more prepared because I am a dancer and have more knowledge on how the body works.


Unknown said...

I think zumba is awesome but sadly i'm busy for school so, I don't go with mom in her zumba days. But as I know they enjoyed that and you may interact with other people

Franc said...

Zumba is really gaining popularity and this is a really fun way to be fit.

papaleng said...

All I know is Zumba is for the girls lang. Ang caveman ko pala, pwede pala guys. Zumba is one activity to get fit.

Ron Leyba said...

My wife goes to Zumba classes regularly :). It;s really beneficial and I am already seeing the results of it!

JOJO VITO said...

i think zumba is fun ....its not just for me i think :)

Yan said...

i looooove zumba! it's my latest fitness addiction haha! i've always wanted to join events like these but i never had the time to, so i just download zumba videos and dance at home! haha