Monday, July 6, 2015

My Fitness Goals in the Next 18 Months

I signed for a limited membership in Gold's Gym Ayala Center Cebu. For the next 18 months, I am allowed to go to the gym 144 times.  That is basically 8 times a month or twice a week. I used to go to the gym every day, but I realized that it is not really sustainable and it was very expensive.  I believed that the limited membership is good enough for my fitness needs.

Here are my fitness goals for the next 18 months:

1. Reach my target weight of 75 kilos or 165 lbs.  My supposed ideal weight based on some online calculations is at 148 lbs, but I think it is too thin for me as I want to gain some muscles as well.  I want to look a healthy and fit rather than being too lean.  The last time I weighed 165 was probably 18 years ago.

2. Do 20 strict pull-ups in 1 minute.  For me, the pull-ups are one of the best gauges of upper body strength.  Even at my heaviest weight, I try my best to do at least 1 pull-up. I want to do 20 in one minute without releasing my hands from the pull-up bar.

3. Do 1 rep of 200 kilos of squats.  Strong legs are also important that is why I also want to improve my squat personal record here (PR).

4. Finish a 6k run below 36 minutes.  I want to run above 10 kph at a sustained pace. I have no intentions to become a long distance runner in the next 18 months, but running will be a big part of my fitness regimen. I want to focus on speed and middle distance endurance.

5. Improve PRs on exercises like bench press, barbell curls, push-ups, planks, rows, etc. 


The there for my campaign is #BeMyStrongest #BeMyBest! I am not getting any younger, but I believe that the best is yet to come. 


No comments: