Friday, October 25, 2013

Nutrition: Carbo loading at La Tegola

I've been joining some fun runs lately and I read in some medical books that a high carb diet is a big factor in performance. Carbohydrates are the best source of glycogen. Glycogen acts as the fuel of our body. Because of the importance of glycogen, many athletes carbo load before an intense competition.
I am not yet a super athlete but nevertheless, I need the energy to finish strong in the fun run and not get too drained the days after. For this week, I discovered a very nice place to load up on carbs. It's not cheap but the quality is way up there. La Tegola is an Italian restaurant at the Ayala Terraces. The restaurant specializes in pasta and pizza which is perfect for carbo loading. When I went there, I was with my friend Hamilton and his friend Xhai. Since they asked me what to order, I decided to choose the Caruso. The Caruso is made up of 5 different pastas with 5 different sauces. With the Caruso, you can practically taste many of the pasta specialties of La Tegola. Another good thing about the dish is that it could be either for 3 or 5 people.
When our order arrived, I was quite happy. By just looking at it, I know that I'm going to have a filling lunch. And I was right. One, the food is so delicious. Two, it does not contain so much fat because the dishes uses the best ingredients and it does not have fatty meat. Three, it's a perfect carbohydrates feast because the carb to protein to fat ratio is quite high around 5-2-.5 in my estimate. Four, the bill was not that high. Five, the ambiance was amazing, you know place is special based on the attention to detail  of the owners, staff and management.
All in all, my experience at La Tegola Ayala was memorable. I will surely go back there to carbo load or to have a romantic dinner with my wife. For someone who is trying to be fit, I would rate the place 5 spoons.

Links:


Posted via Blogaway

No comments: