Sunday, June 29, 2014

Starting my July 30-day Fitness challenge

I decided to freeze my Fitness First Cebu account for August and September. I just wanted to basically try to reenergise my gym routine by going away for a couple of months. In those two months, I would write more posts about being fit even if you ware not working out in a gym. Since July would be my last month before taking a sabbatical, I would want it to be a month full of activities and results.

I will start a 30-day fitness challenge at the start of the new month.  The challenge will involve several goals that will include weight, fitness, and diet. My main goal for the month is to lose as much weight in 30 days.  How can you actually lose in one month?

Some would say that weight loss should be gradual like 1-2 lbs a week. If those standards should be followed, I would be looking at around 4 to 8 lbs.  I want more. I am not saying that I am advocating an unhealthy program.  Since I am overweight, I really want to maximise this month. I want to lose 10 lbs or more. To achieve this, I need to do a lot of changes in my life.

The last big change and big results month for me was January to February early this year.  I managed to finally beat 200 lb barrier that I have been struggling to overcome for months.  After a very enjoyable summer, I am back to where I was at the start of 2014. I guess it is time to lose more weight and be fitter.

The 30 day challenge will be "How to Lose 10 lbs in one month".  In my previous post,  y goal was just a kilo a month but since it is better to set high goals, I am really setting a really high goal in July.

The Rules of my 30-Day Challenge #30daychallenge July Edition

DIET

  1. Oatmeal Breakfast on Weekdays
  2. Rice, Meat and Eggs are allowed on Weekend Breakfast
  3. Cereal with Low Fat Milk for Dinner
  4. Eat anything for dinner on weekends but NO rice.
  5. Eat anything for lunch with a maximum one cup of rice.
  6. No Fried food for lunch.
  7. Eat out only when it's FREE or there is really a reason to celebrate
  8. Eat out every Sunday Lunch with wife but if possible, NO RICE!
  9. Dinner is the last MEAL of the day.
  10. No Sweet drinks for the month worst comes to worse, just have tea with minimal sweetness.
  1. Do Heavy Weights Workout 3 x a week (Heavy for Chest - Back - Legs - Shoulders)
  2. In the other 3 days focus will be on group exercise and minor muscles
  3. Do caloy burpees everyday (30 day challenge, 2 X date -- in July 1, I'll do 2 on July 31 it will be 62)
  4. Have at least one hour of cardio a day. Either dance, bike or BodyCombat.
  5. At least 1 BodyBalance class a week to improve flexibility.
  6. Do doubles (one morning and one afternoon session) when possible but Weight training should only be in the morning session.
  7. NO Exercise after sunday breakfast
  8. Have a night light exercise routine one hour before sleeping with wife.
  9. Exercise before breakfast
  10. Join a fun run on weekends if possible

The "caloy burpees" is a modified version of the burpees. I added clap push-ups and frog jumps to the regular burpee.

Lifestyle:
  1. Sleep at least 6 hours a day
  2. Sleep by 11 pm
  3. Wake up before 6 am
  4. If there is a night out, Maximum 3 light beers only or drink hard.
  5. Make people know your goal and try to help them jumpstart their own fitness challenge.
  6. Check weight every morning after waking up and peeing.
  7. Track progress in weight training.
  8. Track daily exercise.
  9. Track food intake.
  10. Track expenses.

No comments: