Wednesday, July 2, 2014

#30dayfitnesschallenge Food Diary: July 2,2014

I have started my #30dayfitnesschallenge.  One of its key elements is the diet.  It is hard to maximize weight loss if you do not make changes in the diet. One of the main source of carbohydrates for Filipinos is the rice. Rice is not bad for your health.  It is actually one of the most excellent of sources of energy.  The problem starts when people overeat and forget to exercise.

It is easy to overeat rice.  It goes so well with any kind of viand. It actually has a positive effect on the appetite of many people that it causes them to overeat. People can only eat as much lechon if eaten without rice but when rice is put in the equation, it is a different story.  I am challenging myself to somehow eliminate or minimize rice in my diet.

It is not that easy.  It is to kick rice from breakfast because you can either just eat oatmeal or wheat bread. It is harder to eat rice for lunch and dinner.  It is quite hard to find a meal in the Philippines that will have no rice while being also easy on the budget.

At the end of first 2 days of the month, I have not eaten any rice yet but I think I ended up eating more fattening food because of budget constraints. I still consider it as a minor achievement. I had taco salad for lunch with pancit palabok. I lifted heavy earlier so I needed something to replenish my energy.

I ate a burger meal for dinner because I was waiting for my wife in her school and there was no else to stay but McDonald's.   I ordered a Cheeseburger de luxe meal with small fries and drinks for 99 pesos.

It is very challenging to find suitable meals that will be budget friendly. That will be part of my #30dayfitnessdaychallenge. One of my secondary objectives for the challenge is to find meals that could fit the lifestyle change without spending more than usual. I need to find meals for people who do not have time or access to prepare their own food.




posted from Bloggeroid

No comments: